Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Well, Hello There

First off, be sure to like my page on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for updates and commentary in between posts! Now that we’ve gotten the hummus-as-icebreaker out of the way, I thought maybe I could entertain (hopefully not bore) you with a little about myself.

I’m Jennifer – a twentysomething who recently left a relatively comfortable full-time job as a copywriter to explore other avenues. One of the catalysts for making this jump was my desire to conquer – I mean, travel – the world. I didn’t waste any time and jetted off to South America in January to spend three weeks in Peru with a Gap Adventures tour group. What an adventure it was! One thing I ate there that I HAVE to find a recipe for is this chili sauce they served at almost every meal. It was incredibly flavorful and packed a fiery punch – just a few dashes was enough for me. Also, did you know that Peru has over 3,000 varieties of potatoes? Well, now you do.

Since then, I’ve been spending a good amount of time in the kitchen earning my nickname, Spill. I tend to move a little too fast and often find myself knocking things around; for example, an entire container of kosher salt on the floor. Oooops J  I love to bake, but do everything I can to force my creations on other people so I don’t have to go to the gym as often as I really should. I may not be anywhere near a great cook or baker, but I feel a certain strength come over me when I’m in the kitchen. It’s an addicting feeling.

I hope you return often to read about my kitchen successes and disasters – of which I hope there are few. I will say, I am not a professional photographer, but think it’s important to visually document the goings-on in addition to writing about them. Plus, then you can see stuff like before and after I originally forgot to mix chocolate chips into my muffins.

Now, I’m heading out tomorrow for a quick jaunt on a boat down to the Turks & Caicos for a few days. Catch ya on the flip side!

2 comments:

  1. Bring back some good recipes from Turks & Caicos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer to taste those recipes you'll be bringing back!

    ReplyDelete